Sunday 9 October 2011

Cozy Thoughts


Hello Lovelies,
this weekend it really feels like Autumn has arrived and I'm embracing the new season .I'm looking forward to all the good things about this time of year like bracing walks outdoors, cozying  up indoors and getting to wear my new boots :0)
Yesterday was wet and cool. Prefect soup weather. I'm afraid I didn't make this one, but it tasted great anyway ..... Baxters red lentil and vegetable ....yummy.........



Whilst I was out with the boys yesterday morning my Country Living magazine had plopped through the letterbox and I enjoyed having a quick read as I ate my soup for lunch.........



Don't you love this cover, look there's even yarn on the tartan chair . All that's missing from this cover is a cozy fire :0).....



Inside I was delighted to find more yarny images . I love this shot ......there's my cozy fire , not to mention more yarn . This is  such a lovely image , don't you think? I had a little day dream that I had a log burner and invited my crafty friends round for a cozy making, chatting session ........



Back in the real world my crafty friends are scattered across the globe and we "meet up" via our little blogs. I do feel very blessed to have found you lovelies with your kind encouraging comments.I love to hear what you have been up to and I'm regularly inspired by your gorgeous makes .

The weather yesterday also seemed perfect for baking . I didn't have much time so some simple biscuits were chosen. Something I could let the boys help with without too much stress. .........



We made Anzac Biscuits and they were scrummy. Here is the recipe I use for these  oaty beauties .

125g plain flour
100g porridge oats
100g light brown sugar
50g  dessicated coconut
100g butter or margarine
1tbsp golden syrup or honey
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp boiling water

pre heat oven to gas3 / 170C
Sift flour into a mixing bowl .Add the oats,sugar and coconut. Mix thoroughly.
Melt the butter and golden syrup or honey. I do this in the microwave.
dissolve the bicarb in the boiling water then add to melted butter mix. It will foam up , this is normal.
Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
Make balls of the mixture and spread out on the baking tray. I use baking parchment but you could just them put onto the greased tray.
Flatten the balls with the back of a fork.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven...best to check regularly after about 13 minutes to avoid burnt biscuits .
Leave to cool on tray for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin. The recipe I used says they will keep for up the 3 months...no chance of them lasting that long in our house :0)


Hope you are having a cozy weekend if it's grey outside where you are .
Jacquie x

30 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks wonderful! Bring on wintertime! I did make pumpkin soup yesterday and jam today :-) Fall and winter just scream for baking cookies and pies and being all snug on the sofa with something yarn-involved and someone to love!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaank you Jackie, i am going to have soup and fresh uncut bread for lunch. I too love this time of year but i dont like the dark mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh temptation! I think we'll definitely have to try your recipe for Anzac biscuits this afternoon. And the magazine, yes, I'm feeling drawn towards the newsagents just looking at those yarny shots.
    Autumn blessings to you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mag looks good - am now regretting cancelling my subscription - nevermind I'll send MrVV to the shops later this week ]:)

    Biscuits look scrummy too.

    There are definately upsides to the change of seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anzacs are the go-to cookie around these parts. I'm lucky if a batch lasts 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jacquie, a crafty catchup around the log heater sounds wonderful but I doubt very much that there would be much crafting going, on more like lots of chatting and laughing I think.........

    Your Anzacs look lovely, I love the golden syrup, oatiness of them.
    A cuppa with a couple of Anzacs and a browse through English Country Living sounds like my idea of perfection..........as does your list of all the good things about the cooler weather.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn and winter are ideal seasons of the year to dedicate ourselves to crochet and other embroideries.

    Happy weekend.

    nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, as much as I like the summer and the warm weather, I like the fall with storms and being inside. To sit down with a hot drink and something to knit or crochet is perfect relaxation. I don't have a fireplace and I really miss it. Your biscuits look yummy :)
    Have a cosy weekend, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favourite time of year. I love it when there is a slight chill in the air. Those Anzac biscuits look yummy - think I will make a batch to mark the up coming Australia - NZ rugby world cup semi! That Country Living looks a classic - can't wait for it to get into the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good hearty soup, craft magazines and knitting. Sounds like a perfect day to me.
    The biscuits look pretty good too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this post, it makes me look forward to this time of year. Your boys did a great baking job, how clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this time of your, your magazine, soup and bakes all shout Autumn to me.
    Must did the slow cooker out and get some broths on the go.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that image too.....would totally enjoy sitting around the fire with you chatting & crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That soop looks delicious. I baked applepie yesterday and today i'm already out. Seems that everybody is loving autumn. This afternoon Will be filled with crafty entertainement in our house. Hope everybody is enjoying autumn all over the word!! Love CC. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so yummy looking... just right for a rainy sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, bring on autumn. Now the heat wave is over it doesn't feel quite so crazy to sit and crochet woolly dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh if your daydream ever turns out to be real then please invite me lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello
    mmmh those looks sooooooooooooooo good. sweet cookies. i love autumn and winter,because than i have more time for knitting and crochet.
    great blog.
    have a cosy time,
    regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhh yes, this time of year is indeed very special. I was out working in the yard this morning and could smell a fire that someone had i their fireplace on this lovely Sunday morn. It smelled so good! Wouldn't it be lovely to gather our blog friends for a group session? I marvel at the kind souls I have met over my short time in blog land. Hope the week ahead holds special autumn moments for you! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your photos. It really does look like autumn in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe I will be making soup and cookies today. Thanks Jacquie. I love to read your posts. I was so proud of you for doing that run last month. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why is it that when i read your blog i feel a warmth and homely feeling coming from it...

    Like you i have just recieved my Country Living and am looking forward to taking my daughter and daughter-in-law to the Christmas Fair......

    I have started crocheting now and am really enjoying it......xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Just wanted to drop by and say hello at last. I have been reading your blog for sometime and really enjoy it, always so colourful and inspiring. I too love country living it's my little moment of escape. Finally I have started my own blog and wanted to thank you for the pleasure your posts have given me. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oo, those biccies look yummy! Haven't made those for years, they used to be a favourite of the boys when they were younger! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh yummy, now my bellies having a rumble ;0) hehe
    that mag looks a real treat this month ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favourite day dreaming subject includes ; a cozy fire while it is raining cats and dogs outside,nice smells from the kitchen and me busy with my crochet projects watching the rain from the window...The reality is that we still have 30 degrees C !

    ReplyDelete
  27. You can't beat a tasty soup and yummy crunchy oaty anzacs at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super soup, a lovely mag and a nice cozy fire - sheer heaven!

    Thanks for the recipe, will have to give that a try

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can smell those cookies from here! Lovely post Jacquie I'm lucky enough to be given Country Living magazine occasionally, Oh they make the world look so wonderful don't they!
    Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just tried your recipe and they are yummy!
    So easy too. Thank you!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.